I guess you could say I am sentimental. Ha! Understatement of the year!
We lost our microwave this past February.
It was good to us.
(Sorry about the messy kitchen in the reflection. Yikes! I guess I was too grief-stricken to notice at the time.)
This Hotpoint had been my mother’s first microwave.
It was passed on to me and my husband as we started our home as newlyweds in 1992.
This baby was with us and as our babies grew into teenagers, residing in three different states!
The microwave was always an unexpected conversation piece.
The analog dial charmed all of our friends.
The size was much larger than modern microwaves.
Of course, by the looks of it, I am surprised we don’t glow from excess microwaves!
But, alas, life goes on, and microwaves must be replaced.
The new one is sleek and fancy.
The buttons aren’t nearly as charming as the dial. The beeping, that never stops when your food is finished cooking, is annoying. Our old microwave had a lovely, one time “ding”. You could forget your reheated coffee for hours.